Thursday 3 December 2015

Dolly Parton was dressed like a patchwork at premiere of NBC movie

Dolly Parton Talks ‘Coat of Many Colors’ Movie: ‘It Really Shows Family’

“It really kind of evolves and details a lot of my whole life in bits and pieces. And it really shows family,” Parton told The Boot and other reporters at a media event. “I don’t know if people, besides me, miss having shows like Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons, but it’s kind of like that. It just shows the simple life of back then, back when.

“[It’s] a show about people who made me who and what I am,” she continues. “It shows that I love music, and I love my folks … It’s really got a lot of great elements.”

Coat of Many Colors is only the first in a series of TV movies that the award-winning singer will produce for NBC based on her life, stories and songs.

“We might do a few pieces like [Coat of Many Colors] … We might do bits and pieces of my life story,” she explains. “But I’m still very involved in my musical on Broadway, my story. So that’s separate and different. But there’s also the possibility that we might do a feature film.”

Parton has revealed that her second made-for-TV film for NBC will be based on her song “Jolene.” John Sacret Young, who worked on The West Wing, is writing the script.

“Lord, I’ve lived so long. I’ve got a lot of stories to tell,” Parton says. “I can’t tell them all at once, so I’ll just scatter them all out, but I’ll still work on the musical.”

Coat of Many Colors stars Jennifer Nettles, Gerald McRaney and Ricky Schroder, as well as Alyvia Lind as young Parton. The film is set to air on Dec. 10 at 9PM ET on NBC.

Dolly Parton upbringing brought to screen in ‘Coat of Many Colors’

“Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” brings the story of the country star’s upbringing to television screens next week in a film that takes its name from one of her songs.

The film, set in 1955 in the Tennessee Great Smoky Mountains, is not a musical nor a Parton biopic but “a family-oriented faith-based story”, NBC said.

“It’s very emotional, very personal to us and I think it’s time that we put it out because I think on TV we are missing a few things about family and faith, so it just seemed to be the right time,” Parton said on Wednesday.

“I ain’t getting no younger and I wanted to live to see this movie on screen, so I was very proud the way that it turned out.”

Alyvia Alyn Lind plays the young Parton in the movie.

“It was so much fun playing her and she was so nice and sweet,” she said. “The first time I saw her, I felt like I’ve known her my whole life.”

“Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors” airs on NBC on Dec. 10.

Patchwork Dolly! Parton wears A Coat Of Many Colors at premiere of NBC movie based on her Smoky Mountains childhood

Dolly Parton didn’t disappoint when she showed up at the Hollywood premiere of a new TV movie about her childhood wearing a brightly-colored patchwork coat dress.

The country star produced A Coat Of Many Colors for NBC which tells an inspiring story based on her childhood in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.

It’s the first in a series of made-for-TV movies she’s making for the network, with the next one based on her popular hit Jolene.

The 69-year-old singer and songwriter, who has starred in such films as 9 to 5 and Steel Magnolias, looked stunning in her quilt-themed ensemble.

She accessorized the dress that had buttons down the front with heeled sandals that matched the sparkly frock.

With her trademark platinum blonde hair blown out into loose curls and a slash of bright red lipstick, Dolly delivered on the star power.

According to NBC, the film is set around the time that Dolly was nine years old.

It tells the story of ‘the tight-knit Parton family as they struggle to overcome devastating tragedy and discover the healing power of love, faith and a raggedy patchwork coat that helped make Parton who she is today.’

In the movie, she’s played by eight-year-old actress Alyvia Alyn Lind, known for her role on the daytime soap The Young And The Restless.

Dolly’s parents are played by veterans Jennifer Nettles and Ricky Shroder.

It airs on NBC on Thursday December 10 at 9/8c.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.